Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 boriskarloff

boriskarloff

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

i have been having connection speeds. ive had a tech come out several times, which none got  it above 20, and im payin for 50.... i found out today, its not my connection, as te tech brought his own laptop and ran a speed test. he got 60, then retried and got 65.... i have 2 laptops, one is win 7. and the other is win.10... both of them get a reading of 20 at the most., so the conclusion, is its something about my laptops, its extremely weird they both get the same speed connection.

im posting in hopes someone will know what it could be. my win 7 laptop is about 8 years old, while the win 10 is about 4 maybe at the most....and the older one out performs the newer one. if i cant get an answer, i guess ill have to revert the win 10 laptop back to win 7. it is very irritating to use, its like using dialup almost..... also, just to add, i can connect the ethernet cable from the modem directly to either laptop, and the speed increases to 50 something... but as i said, the tech got 60 on his laptop on wireless. so what may be my problem? i updated the wireless driver on the win. 10, but there wasnt one listed for the older one, as it came with vista, and i have 7 on it. all comments appreaciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users