Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgading graphics card.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seager92

Seager92

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card for gaming my current is a nvidia gtx 7201gb memory? Could anyone offer some advice for an upgrade but also affordable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raymac46

raymac46

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

It will very much depend on your system - CPU, power supply, available PCIe space, PCIe connections. Any gaming upgrade worth having will require more power than your GTX 720. My personal minimum would be something that could run games full screen at 1080p. That means 2 GB of VRAM at least. Possibilities would be Nvidia GTX 960 or AMD R7 360. And a 500W power supply.

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

Could you please list your system specs? We will be able to help you better if we know what kind of system you have.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#4 Seager92

Seager92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

I can list my system spec as soon as i get back and maybe you could help me further?

#5 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

Provided I have nothing major happening, I would be delighted. Even if I'm busy the specs will help any of us assist you.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users