The number of devices I use has grown recently. After I added the last few, my USB devices seem to have become unstable. Some times, a device will stop working until I unplug it and replug it back in. Other times, all devices will flash off and then on (almost as if there isn't enough power).
- Logitech C615 Webcam
- Yeti USB Mic
- Razer Keyboard (takes up 2 USB ports, 1 is a pass-through)
- Gaming Mouse
- Presonus USB audio controller
- Novation USB Keyboard Controller
- XBox One controller
- Sometimes I plug in my iPhone to charge
- Asus x99 deluxe: has 12 onboard USB 3.0 ports
- Corsair RM1000i PSU
- I7-5820k CPU
- 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 4 (2x8GB)
- Asus GTX 970
- MSI GTX 970 (SLI)
I feel like a system like this should be able to handle what I'm throwing at it. So maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm buying a powered USB hub to see if that will help, but it seems crazy to have a motherboard with 12 USB ports that I can't use.