1. The Game of Imperial Nomic shall always include at least two not necessarily distinct players who are office-holders:
The Imperial Emperor / Empress (IE), whos job it is to rule on all proposals.
The Humble Scribe (HS), whos job it is to record all proposals, rules, etc.
The initial holder of the post of IE is Liberonscien.
The initial holder of the post of HS is Liberonscien.
2. Players make Proposals to change the laws of the game. A Proposal is submitted by posting to the thread. Players enter the game upon reception of their first submission.
3. The IE will judge each proposal submitted and accept, reject or ignore it.
To ignore a proposal, the condition by which it is ignored must be explicit elsewhere in the rule set.
The IE may, at any time, modify or remove any existing rule or enact new rules by issuing a Proclamation.
In addition, he/she may, at any time, issue a Directive calling for proposals in a certain area.
The HS may rewrite a proposal for clarification, as long as the rewriting does not alter the meaning.
The HS must publish the current set of rules, list of proposals and scores of all players via the World Wide Web.
4. If a player has submitted a proposal and then submits a new proposal before a ruling is made on the first, the new proposal will replace the older proposal.
5. Any player may, at any time, submit a Point of Order to raise any issue relevant to the game.
6. Each submission will be numbered and, if approved by the IE, will apply instantly to all submissions numbered greater than the accepted proposal unless it specifies otherwise. When several rules apply at the same time, precedence as specified explicitly by the rules is applied first. Where there is no explicit or conflicting explicit precedence, the rules are applied from lowest to highest as far as possible without conflict.
7. The game ends when one player achieves the title of The Exalted Winner (EW). The method by which a player achieves this title is determined by the rule set.
8. Failure to follow any or all of the preset rules will result in immediate punishment as determined by the rule set.