Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Space of Local Disc D:

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 royer33

royer33

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hey,i'm having an issue with my local disc D:. It is normally empty but it seems like it has 20 gb worth of used space.I checked the hidden files option but still there isn't any files inside D: . How may i delete the files in there? Also could it be a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

royer22

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Is it possible that you once did a Windows Backup to that local disk?

I had a similar issue with two of my backup drives, one internal and one external, after I upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 via a Clean Install. From what I could figure out by Googling, Windows Backup does create invisible shadow files. My solution was to move my backups off of the drives and reformat them and then move the backups back to the drives. Problem was solved.

Please let us know how you make out, and again, welcome to Bleeping Computer. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users