Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati External Event Utility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timm

timm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

This just started happening a few days ago when I booted up my computer and it said "ATI External Event Utility EXE Modulehas encountered an error and needs to close". Does anyone know anything about this? Is it going to cause me any problems? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

As seen here:
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_a.htm

ATI External Event Utility EXE Module. Another background task which gets installed when you install ATI display drivers. Under Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 the service registers as the “ATI Hotkey Poller” and further investigation shows that it is related to the handling of various ATI Hotkeys which bring up specific ATI utilities. Not only is this facility useless to 99.99% of users, but there is also no documentation anywhere on those ATI hotkeys !! Additionally some of our more inquisitive users have been able to prove that ATI2EVXX can sometimes be an incredible resource hog using up to 85% of CPU utilization !! Older versions of this background task show up as ATIPOLAB in the Task List.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users