Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis help! browseui.dll "Demonio"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 tstrname

tstrname

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:52 AM

Can please somebody tell me about this?
Should I delete/Fix this?

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Precargador Browseui - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Demonio de caché de las categorías de componente - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

Any help is very appreciated!.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:41 AM

Hello tstrname and welcome to BleepingComputer.

browseui.dll is a Windows file and should not be deleted. It is necessary if you are using the Internet Explorer web browser, as it is part of the shell browser library.

Hope this helps.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 tstrname

tstrname
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:18 AM

Hello tstrname and welcome to BleepingComputer.

browseui.dll is a Windows file and should not be deleted. It is necessary if you are using the Internet Explorer web browser, as it is part of the shell browser library.

Hope this helps.

Satchfan

Thanks a lot for your help!
I was worried about "Demonio de caché" since "Demonio" is spanish for Demon. :P
Thanks again!.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,914 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:54 AM

It translates to "Cache Daemon" and both entries are fine.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#5 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,914 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users