Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Color management help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lazertazer

lazertazer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

I have a GTX 650. Every time my monitor or PC turns on or comes out of sleep, the color settings are reset to the windows default (a crappy washed out color scheme). I use the NVIDIA Control Panel to set my settings (adjust desktop color settings). When a slider on there is moved at all, the colors snap back to what NVIDIA set.
I've googled my problem, which led me to mess with the color management program that comes with the OS. The interface of it is not well explained and very confusing.
Clicking profiles -> "combine my settings with system defaults" should logically fix it, but it doesn't.
Clicking "change system defaults" pops up an almost exact clone of the color management window, which doesn't help at all.
Is there some way to export an ICC file from the NVIDIA control panel and set it as the default? Am I missing something obvious?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:58 AM

Hey,

A few things, is auto contrast / brightness etc. running? Could force a takeover from the NVIDIA

What the temp and status of the card etc.  I know it sounds totally weird, but again could force a shut down and reset of default etc.

Drivers and updates current?  No Beta types in there right?

Has this always been the case or did it just start?  Just started... roll back any drivers in the card etc.

Are you using this with 3d, Shadow, etc.

here is a Guide on Color Management for GTX650 current drivers

Or go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 lazertazer

lazertazer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

Hey,

A few things, is auto contrast / brightness etc. running? Could force a takeover from the NVIDIA

What the temp and status of the card etc.  I know it sounds totally weird, but again could force a shut down and reset of default etc.

Drivers and updates current?  No Beta types in there right?

Has this always been the case or did it just start?  Just started... roll back any drivers in the card etc.

Are you using this with 3d, Shadow, etc.

here is a Guide on Color Management for GTX650 current drivers

Or go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

How do I know if auto brightness/contrast are running? If they're processes, I dont think they are. This has always been the case, and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the GPU or the OS. Every once in a while (long after it's been reset), I remember to move a slider in the NVIDIA control pannel, think "ahh this is so much better," and then get frustrated because I know it won't last long and I'll have forgotten about it next time I use the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users