Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no wi-fi on laptop after windows 10 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pev3

pev3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

Unable to use the built in wi-fi on laptop after this was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional, as this was bought via ebay I  have no idea as to the history: ie previous apps installed at conversion, but I can use a 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps Wireless USB adapter successfully which is not the way I want to go.  Previously did managed, via tweaking the registry with a youtube suggestion, to get the Wi-Fi to connect, yet another download I installed,no idea was it was now,caused the Wi-Fi to dis-connect and I have been unable to re-connect. The Wi-Fi switch will move to the on position but immediately reverts to the off position when I confirm,  very frustrating, There may have been something; which was originally installed by the previous owner, an installed vpn I have heard, which has caused this problem, no idea as to what that may have been but now impossible to diagnose. Anyone any thoughts?  Thankls Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Have you tried deleting the WiFi card in Device Manager and rebooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users