Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Incompatibility

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Clarke123

Clarke123

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

Latest release of Trend Micro requires removal of Malwarebytes in order to install 

I filed a problem resolution with Trend Micro (SR#:         1-1-1035289221) and was told that I must remove Malewarebytes, install Trend Micro, then re-install Malwarebytes.    I am considering asking for a refund and dropping TM   Any suggestions for a replacement for TM? (One that does not require constant attention!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

I generally recommend ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus or Emsisoft Anti-Malware if choosing a paid for program as they leave a small footprint...meaning they are not intrusive and do not utilize a lot of system resources. Kaspersky Anti-virus is also a good choice for the same reason. If you don't want to pay then I would recommend avast! Free Antivirus or Bitdefender Anti-virus Free Edition if you prefer not to use Windows 8/10 Defender.

See my comments at the bottom of Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools as to why I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

For other anti-virus alternatives, please refer to Choosing an Anti-Virus Program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Clarke123

Clarke123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

I have 3 PC's that require coverage ... making it a chore to carry any form of "High Maintenance" software ... 

I have cancelled my subscription to Trend Micro and will be filing a FTC Complaint against them for refusing a refund!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

I know what you mean...I have 3 computers to keep up with myself.

With Emsisoft, you can purchase a license for multiple computers for 1, 2, or 3 years usually with a discount if more than a year. The price is reduced by 25% when renewing after the first year and reduced by an additional 5% for every additional year you stay a customer. Delievery as a boxed CD-Rom edition is also available.

With ESET, you can purchase a license for multiple computers for 1 or 2 years usually with a discount if more than one computer.
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Clarke123

Clarke123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:25 AM

Trend Micro would not honor a refund of the almost 7 months remaining on my subscription ... So, I had them cancel my subscription anyhow (as  I will NEVER use them again).  Had to do quite a bit to get their stuff off my systems ('Uninstall" DOES NOT remove some of their stuff, which will resurrect itself in a "Trojan-Horse" fashion).  Be sure to kill their data files hidden in  your program files.

BTW: Switched to Kaspersky as they "play well with others", have a know name and an attractive price on Amazon!

Still pursuing FTC Complaint as well as my Congressional Representatives for some form of inspection and certification of imported software

,,, possibly via U.S. Customs Service who are responsible for inspecting foreign produced imports to determine "fitness for a particular use" as well as safety.

We sorely need some form of standards for such software as there appears to be none at the current time!

Edited by Clarke123, 29 February 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Did you follow these instructions?

Uninstalling Trend Micro program using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
Having problems removing Trend Micro?