Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window failed to start and can not install another OS.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ORGENES

ORGENES

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hi..

Today i started my laptop i got the message "Window failed to start. A recent hardware or software might be cause. To fix problem insert installation disc and restart. file:\window\system32\winload.exe  Status: 0xc00000f".

But when i inserted window 7 disc, it start loading files and complete stage of " Copying window file". But at stage of Expanding window file it finish at 0% and give this message  "Window can not install required files. The file may corrupt or missing make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation. Error code: 0x80070017.

please i need your help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

How old is the laptop?

Can you get into safe mode?

Can you get into the BIOS and does the system see the hard drive?

[guess] hard drive failure

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

My laptop has 3years

No, how i go into Safe mode or Bios?. And help me procedures to finish the problems for that case.

I need your help Sir.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

Safe Mode is an option in the Advanced Boot Options.  When you boot into these options you will see a image similar to the one below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png

To access the advanced boot options start the computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue till the advanced boot options opens.

Once the boot options are open use the up or down key to move the cursor over Safe Mode, then press Enter to select this option.  The Safe Mode you want to run is Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

If you are able to boot into Safe Mode please run sfc /scannow in Safe Mode.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Copy and paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished and if intergrity issues are found, please do the following.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to  
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

If this fails to place the icon on your desktop run the command from the Command Prompt.  Use the instructions I provided at the start of this tutorial.

This log may be very large, if you have problems posting it try breaking it into smaller parts.  When you copy these parts you will highlight the section you are going to copy.  If you leave that section highlighted it will give you a quick reference for where you left off. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue please do the following.

Since you have the installation disc for this version of Windows 7 you may wish to do a repair installation.  This actually does not reinstall Windows, but you can use this to run the Startup Repair.

Here are the instructions for doing this.

Attention:  In order to boot from the installation disc you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the optical driver is the first device in the boot order, and the HDD/SSD is the second devcice.

1.  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2.  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, do so.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3.  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

w71_zps6dbda47e.png

4.  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

w72_zps2a656a0c.png

5.  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

w73_zpsd5483f05.png

6.  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

w74_zps490f9a17.png

7.  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

w75_zps9941e858.png

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8.  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

w76_zps3dd75d83.png

9.  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

w77_zpsd8be95eb.png

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10.  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

w78_zpsd49257fb.png

It is possible that the Startup Repair will not be able to fix the problem.  If the Startup Repair tool determines this, it may automatically run the the repair after your computer restarts.  If it does not automatically run the repair but you are still having problems with Windows 7 repeat these steps to run Startup Repair again manually.

Let us know what the results are.

Edited by dc3, 04 February 2016 - 10:44 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

Sir, I was tried with those steps but the problem is still occurred and i got this message "STARTUP REPAIR CANNOT REPAIR THIS COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY". and "sending more information can help Microsoft create solutions" I was clicked to send information about the problem,  but i still got message that can not repair automatically.

what next to do sir?.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Where did you get the installation disc?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

I got from my friend Sir

Edited by ORGENES, 06 February 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

Is this the same version as what you have installed on this computer.

Example:  Windows Home Premium 64-bit

#9 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Yes, but i have installed window 7 professional  64-bit

#10 ORGENES

ORGENES
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

Thanks Sir and others, i tried another installation disc of window 7 of 32-bit since OS installed early was 32 bit, and i followed those steps to repair window now my Laptop work successfully.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

Glad to hear it.  Happy computing. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users