Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble inserting new black cartridge into Epson XP-620

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikebleep1127

mikebleep1127

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

I have an Epson XP-620 printer and I'm trying to insert a replacement black cartridge (the regular black, not the photo black). I read the directions here

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=253770&prodoid=63099803&foid=263836

I have owned many printers in my lifetime and replaced many cartridges. I have never had a problem before, but this darned cartridge just won't go in. I've tried every alignment, pushed from every angle, pushed even a little harder (not too hard for fear of damaging something) and it gets stuck no matter what. Any ideas?

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Do you have the right ink cartridge and model #

Should be Cartridge Model 273

http://promotions.newegg.com/productfinders/ink/index.html#FbZD+gBA5000EDD

#3 mikebleep1127

mikebleep1127
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

Yes, it looks identical to the old one, same number 273. What's weird is that I can't even put the old one back in! The same one I just took out! Assuming it's not broken, there is either something strange going on, or I'm a physical klutz (which I don't so), or else this is the trickiest alignment in a printer cartridge I've even encountered.

#4 mikebleep1127

mikebleep1127
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

Okay I just figured it out. I was inserting it backwards. (I had the front edge toward the back of the printer.) The 273 cartridge looks different than the other colors so it wasn't obvious that the cartridge was not aligned the same way as the cartridges already in the printer.

Oh, well thanks for trying to help. Sometimes I think I just need to write down my problem, and magically the solution appears.

Mike

#5 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

:bananas: That will do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users