Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have been infected with Teslacrypt Ransomware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 TrainMeth

TrainMeth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

I generally thought I was good with computers til this hit me. As of about a week ago, my laptop running Windows 8 has been hit with what I suspect is the TeslaCrypt Ransomware. The majority of my files now end with .micro and I get a notepad message when windows boots up telling me that my files are encrypted and that I should send money electronically. I've tried to run the decoders available through Cisco and github. I haven't been successful in doing so and am reaching out to this community for some support. Any help is much appreciated and hopefully this can be resolved. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

There is no solution for TeslaCrypt 3.0 at the current time. We can only recommend you backup your encrypted data and hope for the future, as we are currently working on it (no guarantees).

If you would like help with cleaning the infection, someone can help you here, but as for the decryption of files, there is literally no solution right now (apart from paying the ransom, which is not recommended).

On page 51, BloodDolly posted

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:59 PM
I just released TeslaDecoder 0.0.80.

- Added support for TeslaCrypt 3.0.0 encrypted files (.xxx, .ttt, .micro)."

Just confirming that nothing can be done yet for .micro files ?

There currently is no way of decrypting TeslaCrypt 3.0 .xxx, .ttt, or .micro variants since they use a different protection/key exchange algorithm and the key for them cannot be recovered. The .xxx, .ttt and .micro variants are not supported by the current released version of TeslaViewer. If infected with any of these, backup all your encrypted files, send BloodDolly a private message with a link to few encrypted files after uploading them to SendSpace (see instructions in Post #1) and wait for solution.

On page 51, BloodDolly also said

I just released TeslaDecoder 0.0.80.
I am still working on the solution how to recover one of the keys listed above, but currently there is no solution.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 TrainMeth

TrainMeth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

Good to know. Luckily I don't need access to these files in the short-term. I'll continue to monitor and hopefully learn a thing or two around here. Thanks!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance.You can also post comments in the related BC News article:Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users