Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal links that sort of work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 codeStruggle

codeStruggle

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

If you go to http://dupe.website/faculty-index.php and click on 'Coach Hale', you will be linked to an appropriate article with his h3 heading properly aligned with the top of the page. If you move down to any of the teachers below him, you will be linked to their biographies, but the h3 heading will be way off. I never ask for help until I've tried for at least a couple of days to find it myself. Totally baffled on this one. All HTML and CSS can be seen of course by clicking on 'see source code'. I'd can afford to make a $10 donation to anyone who can help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

I'm not seeing the problem you're describing on my end. I've tested with both Internet Explorer 11 and the latest Chrome browser. What browser are you viewing it in when you see the problem? Can you do a screen capture of the problem and post it?

#3 codeStruggle

codeStruggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

I'm using latest version of Chrome. I really doubt it's a browser problem because some articles line up while others don't. All of the top row of teachers work right. Those below it don't. Here's a screen shot of Hale versus Hoodenpyl. Thanks for your interest.

link-mystery.JPG

Edited by codeStruggle, 02 February 2016 - 06:12 PM.

#4 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

I tried it on Chrome on Mac and I encountered the same problem show above. Works fine on Chrome for Windows. 

#5 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Here's an article that might be of some help. https://www.sitepoint.com/community/t/bizarre-links-not-working-in-chrome/13885. It mentions issues with Chrome and CSS absolute positioning and links. 

#6 codeStruggle

codeStruggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

I tried it on Chrome on Mac and I encountered the same problem show above. Works fine on Chrome for Windows. 

How strange!

Here's an article that might be of some help. https://www.sitepoint.com/community/t/bizarre-links-not-working-in-chrome/13885. It mentions issues with Chrome and CSS absolute positioning and links. 

I'll read the article. Thanks for trying Smsec!

#7 codeStruggle

codeStruggle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

RESOLVED (sort of): It was suggested early in this thread that the culprit might be the browser (Chrome in this case). I blew that off, confident that no browser could scroll the page-jumps to the top some of the time, and not others. I was wrong. After days of trying to resolve this, I tested the site on FireFox and found the site to work flawlessly. I'm embarrassed to admit that I worked for three or four days before exploring the possibility of a browser glitch. But maybe my confession will help someone else.

Edited by codeStruggle, 04 February 2016 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users