Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft Anti-Malware: Any good?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How did you like it? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

How well did it work for you?

1. Amazing Program, 10/10 (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Not too bad, would recommend it. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Neutral. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Used it once but wouldn't recommend it. (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Worst Anti-Malware I have ever used. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nbarr7655

nbarr7655

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

I know the topic is a little vague but I was hoping to get everyone's opinion. Being that we have been having some issue with malware I figured I would give this a shot. To my surprise it managed to find a couple registry keys that mbam never picked up.

What is everyone else's opinion?

Depending on poll results my company may just purchase the product for business use. So please vote! :D

Edited by nbarr7655, 02 February 2016 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

I do not have much to say about Emsisoft - being a user of their suite offering - but there are a few things you might want to note down.

- Emsisoft is both an AV and AM - that means it detects more things than MBAM, and does not require a companion AV like MBAM does.

- Emsisoft's enterprise product is Emsisoft Enterprise Console which allows admins to manage multiple installations of Emsisoft AM on workstations. Right now EEC is still in beta.

If you have any questions, we can help you with the answers - or perhaps point you to someone knowledgeable.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM) is an antivirus platform that includes anti-malware protection which uses two scanning engines and three security levels (or layers) of protection to prevent the installation of malware and stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. EAM uses advanced behavior blocking analysis which is extremely difficult to penetrate...it continually monitors the behavior of all active programs looking for any anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity and raises an alert as soon as something suspicious occurs. Emsisofts Behavior Blocker is able to detect unknown zero-day attacks and file-encrypting malware (ransomware) attacks. Emsisoft Internet Security combines the best of both worlds...it is a complete security suite which combines Emsisoft Anti-Malware with an efficient powerful firewall created using the same core previously found in Emsisoft Online Armor. The rest of the software code is hand·made by the Emsisoft team.

Emsisoft also has the added advantage of blocking the installation of most Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) (such as adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers) if you enable that feature.

eam_pup_728x574_en.png

Further, it does not conflict with other security programs I use on my computers and leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive and does not utilize a lot of system resources. See my comments at the bottom of Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools for more detailed information as to why I recommend Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 nbarr7655

nbarr7655
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

I have installed it only on my PC as a first test. So far, I am extremely impressed. It's very nicely laid out and seems powerful but like you said, leaves a very minor footprint. I plan to fully utilize the 30 free days and will make a final decision at the end. Right now though, I am very impressed with it.

I do not have much to say about Emsisoft - being a user of their suite offering - but there are a few things you might want to note down.

- Emsisoft is both an AV and AM - that means it detects more things than MBAM, and does not require a companion AV like MBAM does.

- Emsisoft's enterprise product is Emsisoft Enterprise Console which allows admins to manage multiple installations of Emsisoft AM on workstations. Right now EEC is still in beta.

If you have any questions, we can help you with the answers - or perhaps point you to someone knowledgeable.

Like I said above, I am testing it myself now and so is my boss actually. If things go well we may very well deploy it company wide which would mean purchasing licenses. Do you have any experience with the EEC?

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:43 AM

I am just a home user, and thus do not have any experience with EEC unfortunately.

If you have any questions regarding EEC, it is best that you post it in the appropriate section of Emsisoft's support forum.

#6 nbarr7655

nbarr7655
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

I am just a home user, and thus do not have any experience with EEC unfortunately.

If you have any questions regarding EEC, it is best that you post it in the appropriate section of Emsisoft's support forum.

Thank you! I will browse there and hope that people will keep on voting here. The more the merrier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users