Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovery disk

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a recovery disk for a Samsung lap top computer

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

If you have a recovery Partition tapping F4 at boot should give an option to do a factory reset. See this video. Backup your data. 

Are you trying to recover data on a computer that does not boot to Windows?

#3 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

I understand that but I cannot access the computer. I need a disk to be able to boot up....

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

You should still be able to tap F4 when the computer boots and you see the Samsung logo.

You can recover your data using HirensCD. Burn the iso file. Boot the computer and select MiniXP. If you plan to copy your data to an external source like flash drive or external drive attach it before booting or Hirens will not detect it once in MiniXP.

You can also use a linux disk such as Parted Magic to recover your data. See this guide.

#5 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:07 PM

I am not interested in recovering my data, I want to fix my computer. I can't fix it if I can't get into it..  I have tried everything as far as the function keys, nothing works.  It turns on and that's it... So I need a recovery disk for this particular computer...

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

You can create a System Recovery Disk from any Windows 7 computer as long as it is the same as your OS, 32bit or 64bit. Other than that you will need to contact Samsung for a Recovery Disk.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 February 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#7 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Are you saying that I can take the recovery disk from my HP win 7 computer and load it unto a Samsung laptop?  Like I said, none of the function keys work, so even though I can see the Samsung logo, it will not go any further..

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

If it has the same bit version it should work. Hopefully the disk will boot. When booted try System Restore then Startup Repair if System Restore does not work. If you put any files on the desktop after the System Restore Point, they will be gone so if possible recover the files using Hirens or Parted Magic as I previously posted.

Samsung may be able to provide a Windows 7 install DVD at nominal cost if you explain your problem.

66b9e3c2-bb67-47bf-802c-b753b54bcc19_48.

#9 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

Thanks will try this..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users