Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet after roll back to Win 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zg1286

zg1286

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

Rolled back to Win 7, now I cant connect to the internet

Checked device manager and all shows good with no errors

Wi-Fi shows connected to network. IE, Firefox and chrome will not connect.

Of course I was waaaaay to smart to do any kind of back up.

Was thinking about taking back to factory specs, just have to find the rescue media I created when laptop was new.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

Right click the Wireless adapter in Device Manager > Uninstall. Reboot. If it does not pick up the adapter after reboot look in Device Manager. Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to Network Adapter? 

What is the make and model of the computer?

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

I see you realize now why you should always make backups, especially when you make major changes to your system.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $50 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#4 zg1286

zg1286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

Right click the Wireless adapter in Device Manager > Uninstall. Reboot. If it does not pick up the adapter after reboot look in Device Manager. Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to Network Adapter? 

What is the make and model of the computer?

Tried that. No exclamations mark. Shows no problems with wired or wireless adapter

#5 zg1286

zg1286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

I see you realize now why you should always make backups, especially when you make major changes to your system.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $50 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Yeah like I said, was waaay to smart to do a backup. I have a 1tb drive right next to it. Lesson learned

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

Have you tried resetting Winsock and TCP/IP?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

Also, have you tried:

- download a fresh copy of the latest, W7 compatible networking driver

- uninstall the current networking driver through Control Panel...Programs and Features

- check in Device Manager to be sure it's uninstalled (located under Network Adapters).  If not, right click on it and select "uninstall".  If offered to uninstall the software/driver, check the box.

- reboot and then install the freshly downloaded software

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Have you opened CMD prompt and tried to ping websites? Also do a tracert.

#9 zg1286

zg1286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

Have you tried resetting Winsock and TCP/IP?

That worked. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:21 PM

Your Welcome, and thanks for taking the time to post an update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users