Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sd card infected by a virus,unable to format

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mhharismir

mhharismir

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

I was using sandisk 32 gb sdcard on my phone.One day i rebooted the phone and suddenly it showed "sd card damaged". I tried to format it through the phone but i was unsuccessful.

Then i plugged it in my PC.Its workin normally but im unable to format it.Even if i try to delete files on it.They appear again.

I tried to format it through cmd but i was unsuccesful.(windows was unable to complete the format)

I used DSKCHK /F command but again unsuccessful.

I used sdcard formatter .It shows "drive is write protected".I removed the protection through REGEDIT in the StorageDevicePolicies(although the folder wasn't present there,i created it and set the values to "0").Still sdcard formatter shows the device is write protected.

And one more thing i unlocked the card through the lock button on the card reader.

Inspite of all these troubleshooting steps,im still unsuccessful and starting to get frustrated.

A friend of me(who knows computer very well) told me there is a virus in it.
I reffered to some forums,they say that its your PC which is reinfecting it after deletion.But the problem is there in other PCs also.

Please provide me with a solution to this problem.

Edited by hamluis, 02 February 2016 - 10:37 AM.
Moved from Introductions to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users