Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Infection / Internet Connectivity Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rion

Rion

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on in my computer here, but I had the SmitFraud infection the other day, and sed the steps in this forum to clean it out and get rid of it. No problem, everything was fine for a little while, but now apparently there's a file running out of the system32 folder called aeace455.exe (Super Utilities "Security Task Manager" describes it as something to do with aol, but i doubt it as i cannot get rid of it)

On top of all that, if that was not bad enough, my computer and internet connection is slowed down again. The last problem i was having was when my girlfriend tried to open up any explorer folder, the taskbar/desktop/etc all disappeared and refreshed, but never opened the window. I keep getting pop-up "Work Offline" and "Connect/Stay Offline" dialogs from windows that I have pretty much figured is due to the fact that the only internet connection I seem to be getting, is one through a web browser. Realplayer/Anti-Spyware Scans/etc cannot connect to the internet to update, or any other program. Good example is I have the weather channel's Weather program and it cannot even get new maps or anything at all.

I'm posting this HiJackThis log in the hopes that someone can figure out what I've missed. So far I've removed SmitFraud to the best of my knowledge. But I know there's something else there that's hidden. I use Ad-Aware Professional, Spyware Doctor Full version, Panda Titanium 30-day trial edition, Trojan Hunter, and SpyHunter Full. Using all of these utilities, I am still managing to have problems with internet and slow computer issues.

Please help.

(Oh and when I tried to used Security Task Manager to kill and delete the aeace455.exe file in the system32 folder, the process IS deleted, but then sometimes a few minutes later, or at next restart, it's right back there and running again. I noticed on this log that it's also in my local settings, so i'm gonna try to delete that, because this file apparently does nothing good for my computer and google searches for it don't turn up anything. Thanks again.)

HIJACKTHIS LOGFILE:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:08:32 PM, on 7/29/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Emulating\PC\Tools\DTool\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\{84C6A50A-0702-1033-0102-060503310001}\Update.exe
C:\Program Files\The Weather Channel FW\Desktop Weather\DesktopWeather.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Rion\Local Settings\Application Data\aeace455.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\WebProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\shared\hpqwmi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...o&pf=laptop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 168.94.74.68:8080
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogonStudio] "C:\Wincustomize\LogonStudio\logonstudio.exe" /RANDOM
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Emulating\PC\Tools\DTool\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1153944189\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [aeace455.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\aeace455.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.5\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DW4] "C:\Program Files\The Weather Channel FW\Desktop Weather\DesktopWeather.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [aeace455.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\Rion\Local Settings\Application Data\aeace455.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: HDD Information Service (HDDSvc) - AltrixSoft (http://www.altrixsoft.com/) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HDDSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\shared\hpqwmi.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software - c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe

.:. Pyro Esthar .:. Saints Of Glory .:.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Ret. Director I/T

• Members
  • 4,310 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.

Fix these with HJT – mark them, close IE, click fix checked

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [aeace455.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\aeace455.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe

DownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

Restart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\aeace455.exe
C:\Program Files\ipwins

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

START – RUN – type in %temp% - OK - Edit – Select all – File – Delete

Delete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\temp

Not all temp files will delete and that is normal
Empty the recycle bin
Boot

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)
· Install ewido.
· Run the application
· Click on scanner
· Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
· When the scan is finished, Set all items to delete
· Apply all actions
· look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
· Save the report to your C: Drive
This will take some time to run!
RE-Boot
Post that log and a new HiJack log

Please give feedback on what worked/didn’t work and the current status of your system
"Nothing could be finer than to be in South Carolina ............"

Member ASAP

#3 Rion

Rion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Ok, Although following the adviced you gave me would have worked, I have already gotten rid of that problem, but there is still one more left to deal with, one that came shortly after I fixed this one.

The other day my wife logged into her username on XP, opened yahoo messenger, aim, then opera and browsed to her aim mail (did not open anything) then went to her myspace account. She then plugged in our SanDisk card reader to plug in the card from our digital camera to upload some baby pictures to myspace for our friends to see, and the computer did nothing for while then the detection bubble pop ups came up and she exited out of those, then the window asking what she wanted to do, she clicked on "Open Folder To View Files." Instead of an instance of explorer.exe opening showing the contents of the card, adobe photoshop opened behind this window and both froze along with the taskbar. She then clicked out of the two windows (which took a few minutes to exit) and unplugged and tried again. This time, the actions window popped up immediately, and she clicked on "Copy Pictures To A Folder On My Computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard." When the program loaded she copied all the picture files to her my pictures folder. The program then closed itself out after the files finished transferring. She then clicked on start/my pictures, and the desktop icons and taskbar all disappeared and reloaded (Windows task manager shows explorer.exe ending and starting back up when this happens).

So far, I have run Spyware Doctor full, Trojan Scanner trial, Trend Micro Anti-spyware trial, SpyHunter Pro full, and Ad-Aware Professional, all with the latest definition updates. Ive removed all spyware, trojans, etc from this hard disk and still had the same problem.

Here's the thing; This only starts happening when SHE logs into XP, not ME. When I log in after a fresh restart, Everything works fine for me. But when she tried to log in, before she even does anything, (I've tested this and run scans, even tried deleting her account and making a new one under a different username) She clicks on my computer, and everything refreshes. Logging out and logging back into my own account, it does the same (until next restart with me logging in and trying first). As I said, it does this with every other account i create.

I have looked into msconfig and stopped all non vital tasks from loading on startup and left all microsoft processes that deal with such things as languaging and video drivers, etc to load on startup. There was one thing called -quiet on the list that i read up about and found to have something to do with yahoo beta 6, disabled it, and thought i had solved my problem. There was also a blank entry that i fixed up by reading up on that too.

She logs in, and still it does this, even with all the unneccessary programs and files disabled from startup.

I am at a loss, deleteing and recreating accounts does not work (Yes i click delete files), cleaning out temp directories, temporary internet files, cookies, multiple spyware/malware/virus scans and deleteing all files that show up, and even uninstalling yahoo messenger, does not work. I still log into a created account, try to open windows, and everything refreshes. When i restart and log onto my account, it works fine (until i do the process all over again.

The only thing left I can think of doing is formatting and reinstalling windows (AGAIN: had previous unfixable virus problems that affected windows) I don't get paid until friday to get a 160GB external HDD to backup my files, and I would really like to just fix this problem and NOT have to format (even maybe reinstalling a repairing copy of windows, however I do not believe this would work.

Please help. I'm hoping that someone on this forum has the knowledge and experience of this problem neccessary to fix this annoying windows issue.

Regards, -Rion

#4 Rion

Rion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

(Posted Immediately After Last Post)

These are two HiJackThis logfiles. The First is right now, with nothing running except opera, an instance of explorer.exe, and hijackthis on the taskbar.

The second will be in the next post after i run one while logged into another account with the refresh problem.

LOGFILE:

Scan saved at 9:43:24 PM, on 8/1/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...o&pf=laptop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 168.94.74.68:8080
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogonStudio] "C:\Wincustomize\LogonStudio\logonstudio.exe" /RANDOM
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: HDD Information Service (HDDSvc) - AltrixSoft (http://www.altrixsoft.com/) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HDDSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\shared\hpqwmi.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe

#5 Rion

Rion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Here it is (and sure enough now i can't open my computer or anything like that now, will have to restart after this post)

Scan saved at 9:50:11 PM, on 8/1/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe

Thanks in advance for any help recieved.

Regards again, -Rion

#6 Rion

Rion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Sorry I know i keep posting but i found something out about hijackthis (changing the .exe to something like analyse.exe) and got more results in the logfile, so i am reposting (This is before restart i haven't done that yet) so this is while the refresh problem is still in affect.

Sorry again!

Scan saved at 9:57:57 PM, on 8/1/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\analyse.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B5AFC85-A17B-468B-93B3-A80F58D0B9A2} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljgh.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {70310C0B-C74F-46DC-8CFD-2C2342FD87DA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljgh.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {873eb32d-ae1a-4183-89bd-45a77f761be4} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ixt0.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: mljgh - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljgh.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: opnmnmk - opnmnmk.dll (file missing)

And by the way now that i've done this, windows taskbar keeps locking up and switching between apps open with alt+tab is showing a white blank .exe icon with no name in the description. It is now doing this every so often (about 2 minutes apart)

#7 Rion

Rion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

Ok LAST POST I swear, lol.

This is really important. I was reading the thread on Virtumonde Removal and was learning some more things.

I HAVE RECENTLY HAD VIRTUMONDE AND SMITFRAUD INFECTIONS. I still get a popup window maybe once a week about winantivirus pro download, i always run my scans and fix it, but it always comes back. This may have something to do with my current problem.

Just thought that this was a VERY important piece of info for diagnosing my problem.

SORRY!!!!!!

Regards, -Rion

#8 MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Ret. Director I/T

• Members
  • 4,310 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

You have smitfraud back

Combined

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.

A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply along with a new hijack log.

The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning: running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.
============================

And Vundo is now showing

Please download http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4 to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK.
When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES.
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
Turn your computer back on.
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HijackThis log.
=================

Go to the link below and download the trial version of SpySweeper:

SpySweeper http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/s...4129&ac=tsg

* Click the Free Trial link under "SpySweeper" to download the program.
* Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.
* It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
* Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.
* Click the Sweep Options tab.
* Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:
o Sweep Memory
o Sweep Registry
o Sweep Cookies
o Sweep All User Accounts
o Enable Direct Disk Sweeping
o Sweep Contents of Compressed Files
o Sweep for Rootkits

o Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.

* Click Sweep Now on the left side.
* Click the Start button.
* When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
* Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
* It will remove all of the items found.
* Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
* Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
* Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
Also post a new Hijack This log.
"Nothing could be finer than to be in South Carolina ............"

Member ASAP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users