Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer TCP Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaXtreme

EnigmaXtreme

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

So for the last few months, completely at random, my computer will just refuse to connect to the internet, the internet itself is fine as I'm able to connect via other devices. According to event viewer

A request to allocate an ephemeral port number from the global TCP port space has failed due to all such ports being in use.

TCP/IP failed to establish an outgoing connection because the selected local endpoint was recently used to connect to the same remote endpoint. This error typically occurs when outgoing connections are opened and closed at a high rate, causing all available local ports to be used and forcing TCP/IP to reuse a local port for an outgoing connection. To minimize the risk of data corruption, the TCP/IP standard requires a minimum time period to elapse between successive connections from a given local endpoint to a given remote endpoint.

Uisng TCPViewer I've identified the culprit as a specific Explorer.exe connection, which when I close the internet is back like nothing happened the last outgoing address was hk2sch130020824.wns.windows.com. I'm running Windows 8 via a Ethernet connected router. How do I stop this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users