Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is vista to 7 free

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 superking75

superking75

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

I have an older HP pavilion a4600f that runs  windows vista, I would like to upgrade to 7 and i was wondering if their is a way to do it for free or very cheaply.

If not then it is not really much of a problem I was just wondering if it was possible.

Thanks,

Superking75

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,678 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

Unfortunately there is no free upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. The only time that was available was near Vista's end of life. If you purchased a new computer HP would send a Windows 7 disk. 

The other possible problem is if there are Windows 7 drivers for your computer and other devices such as printers. Usually a Vista driver will work on Windows 7.

The cheapest way would be to purchase a Windows 7 OEM license.

Edit:Because you have another computer with Windows you may want to think about putting a linux distro like Mint or Ubuntu on the computer.

What are the specs of the computer? I could not find anything on that model number.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 February 2016 - 07:30 PM.

#3 siblis

siblis

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

No, it's not. It once was when windows 7 first came out

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,678 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

The time limit, if an upgrade was available on the computer, is now gone. You can contact HP support and see if they offer a Windows 7 upgrade. If not then you will need to purchase a Windows 7 install disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users