Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud Toolbar888 Virtumonde Astakiller

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rustychef83

Rustychef83

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

If anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated. I downloaded a card counter the other day and with it came our favorite types of programs..... malware, spyware, and all kinds of other great stuff. It has taken over my computer! I ran hijackthis, spybot, Ewido, AVG, and the virus scan that came with my computer. I ran all of theses in safe mode and in regular mode. It deleted all the files and they just keep coming back. I ran the spybot and it keeps catching the same three things ( virtumonde, smitfraud-c.toolbar888, and astakiller) I delete them but they keep coming back. I have also run smitfraudfix!! Nothing seems to work. I went and deleted some files that appeared in the windows system32 folder that were new and created the day that i downloaded the card counter. It seemed to help in that the toolbar888 isn't up when i open explorer but it is still installed.... (ie: it isn't dislpaying itself anymore but virtually it is still there). After a few hours other programs show up as well. They all pile up and eventually my computer is freaking loaded with all kinds of "goodies"!! I have searched all kinds of help forums and it seems people have smitfraud or toolbar888 but they have different symptoms. My symptoms are mostly all just adware and popups. In my case i believe the smitfraud and toolbar888 are linked into some new virusI have exhausted all resources and I really don't want to reformat my computer....I have too many programs that I would have to rebuy! Oh yeah....one other thing it is doing is changing my internet settings to accept all cookies....damn those evil people. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the hijack log file

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1144371276\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\program files\common files\aol\1144371276\ee\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Russell\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 32 for hijackthis_199[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hp-desktop.aol.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PcSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B64F4A7C-97C9-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A} - http://download.cdn.winsoftware.com/files/...FreeInstall.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

Hello,

Temporary Directory 32 for hijackthis_199[1].zip

You didn't unzip/extract hijackthis.. and it's still in the tempfolder.
So I strongly advise to unzip/extract hijackthis.zip.
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.html
Create a permanent folder and move hijackthis.exe into it. The reason is because hijackthis creates backups and when it's in your temp-folder it can be accidentally deleted.
How do you make a permanent folder:

Click My Computer, then C:\ and then on Program Files.
In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.
That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Put your HijackThis.exe there.

I see viewpoint installed..
Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.
  • Viewpoint
  • Viewpoint Manager
  • Viewpoint Media Player
Please download VundoFix.exe to your C:\.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
  • You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
  • When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 Rustychef83

Rustychef83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:56 AM

Here it is....

I really appreciate the help!!!

VundoFix V5.1.5

Running as SYSTEM
from c:\windows\system32\VundoFix.exe

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.5.0.4

Java version is 1.5.0.6

Scan started at 4:42:58 AM 7/30/2006

Listing files found while scanning....

No infected files were found.

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hp-desktop.aol.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:24 AM

Hello,

Can you rename Hijackthis.exe to Analyse.exe
Then scan with Analyse.exe and post the log in your next reply (which will be a hijackthislog ofcourse)
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 Rustychef83

Rustychef83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

Here is the new log..... there are a few dll files and such that weren't there before but thats because this thing is multiplying....
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Analyze\Analyze.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {28EC1DB7-411A-451F-B6F0-79C6932757FB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfcaxv.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {B64F4A7C-97C9-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A} - http://download.cdn.winsoftware.com/files/...FreeInstall.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvts - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: khfcaxv - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

Hello,

Actually these dlls were already present before but not visible in hijackthis, because this infection is causing this.
You have to run Vundofix again, but I modified the instructions a bit
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
  • You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
  • When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • In case it says that nothing was been found, Right click the list box (white box) in the main VundoFix window.
  • Select Add More Files? from the menu that comes up. This will open a new VundoFix window.
  • In the Window: copy and paste next in the first field: C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
  • Copy and paste next in the second field: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stvwa.*
  • Copy and paste next in the third field: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll
  • Click the Add Files button.
  • Click the "Close Window" button.
  • Click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Turn your computer back on.
* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {28EC1DB7-411A-451F-B6F0-79C6932757FB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfcaxv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvts - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: khfcaxv - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll

* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.
Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!

Reboot and post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in your next reply.

#7 Rustychef83

Rustychef83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

I had to delete one of the files myself using killbox. I ran spybot and it only found astakiller....So i deleted it and ran everything again. Everything seems to be fine now!? I hope! Again thanks so much for your help!
Java version is 1.5.0.4

Java version is 1.5.0.6

Scan started at 3:35:06 PM 7/30/2006

Listing files found while scanning....

No infected files were found.

Beginning removal...

The process smss.exe was successfully stopped

The process winlogon.exe was successfully stopped

The process explorer.exe was successfully stopped

The process iexplore.exe was successfully stopped

The process rundll32.exe was successfully stopped

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvts.dll Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll Could not be deleted.

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\khfcaxv.dll Could not be deleted.

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

Beginning removal...

The process smss.exe was successfully stopped

The process winlogon.exe was successfully stopped

The process explorer.exe was successfully stopped

The process iexplore.exe was successfully stopped

The process rundll32.exe was successfully stopped

Attempting to delete C:\Windows\system32\khfcaxv.dll
C:\Windows\system32\khfcaxv.dll Has been deleted!

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Analyze\Analyze.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

Yes, looks ok.

One remark though -- I see you didn't fix this entry:

Reason why I asked you to fix it is because I do not recomment uploading there, because there are already a lot of people who got infected with Vundo using facebook.

Anyway, how are things running now?

#9 Rustychef83

Rustychef83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

Things are running great now! :thumbsup: I am only having one problem when I go to watch a video clip it says We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content. I have reset all my web settings and it doesn't seem that the active X is turned off. Thanks again for all your help!

#10 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

Try this:

Open Internet Explorer
Click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click Security tab
Click "Default Level" button
Click OK and follow prompts

Also look if your McAfee/AVG is not interfering with it and blocking it.

Glad I could help. :thumbsup:

To keep this clean in the future, I would suggest the following things:

Install Spywareblaster
SpywareBlaster doesn`t scan and clean for so-called spyware, but prevents it from being installed in the first place. It blocks the popular spyware ActiveX controls, and also prevents the installation of any of them via a webpage.

* Avoid illegal sites, because that's where most malware is present.
* Don't click on links inside popups.
* Don't click on links in spam messages claiming to offer anti-spyware software; because most of these so called removers ARE spyware.
* Download free software only from sites you know and trust. Because a lot of free software can bundle other software, including spyware.

Let your antispywarescanner(s) scan frequently and don't forget to update before.

And I do suggest you perform an online virusscan once in a while. (Housecall and/or Bitdefender). Because what one virusscanner can't find another one maybe can.
Also make sure that your virusscanner, the one that is installed on your system is always up to date!

Make sure your windows has the latest updates: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

If you are having XP SP2, read here how to configure Security Features for Internet Explorer:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...xp/iesecxp.mspx

Also visit this Free Online Scanner for PC Health and Safety and Microsoft Security At Home for tips to Protect your Pc, Protect yourself and Protect your Family.

More info on how to prevent malware you can also find here (By Tony Klein)
and here: http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Prevent...nt_Re-infection

Also read: Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Happy surfing again! :flowers:

Edited by miekiemoes, 01 August 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#11 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:41 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users