Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Update timeout errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kommissar

Kommissar

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

This is the thread I started on Microsoft Answers. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-update-gross-failure/205e57c1-d202-4604-bb9e-595117536ac1

My systemlog file https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B20F8E73B4439E48!111&authkey=!ADETwHsusQQZVnQ&ithint=file%2cevtx

shows the timeout errors.  Its not up to date, because I'm really tired & want to give you an idea.  But I got the idea to do them one at a time & I get "Downloading 0%" and it goes on for 2 hours, then succeeds.  With 200+ important updates at 2 hours+ a time this isn't acceptable.

I found another link that went through various things to try & none of them indicated I had a problem.  Then I got to a step that suggested I Opt in to a Microsoft Update service or something & now I can't go back to manual install of updates.  Windows Update just says "checking for updates" & doesn't even have 0%.  Before this happened I had over 200 important updates.  I'm also worried that one day I will be forced to update to Windows 10, yuk.

The next thing on the list of things to try was checking your Firewall, which I don't know how to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users