Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASRock Z75 Pro 3 Motherbaord

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 messier17

messier17

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

HARDWARE

ASRock Z75 Pro 3 Motherboard
EVGA Supernova 850B2 watt PS
Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI Video card
OR
GEFORCE GTX770 VIDEO CARD
Intel I-7 LGA1155
CORSAIR 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600

This PC used to work with this configuration before and it quit working can't even get a screen or any kind on bootup or beeps. 

I have replaced the power supply with the same, tried the 2 different video cards listed and even tried without the video cards and used the on board VGA port just trying to get anything out of it. Recently I have replaced the motherboard with the same make and model and still nothing.  It does however power up okay but that's about it.  I have swapped out the memory, checked the HDs just to makes sure they were functional as well.

I am at witts end and not sure where to go from here.  I have built about 10 PC's in the past and never had this issue.

I am hoping someone here has seen and has a resolution to the problem?!?

Thanks in advance,

Rod

Edited by messier17, 01 February 2016 - 02:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Sounds like a dead motherboard. 

Bad capacitors could be a problem. Look here if you don't know how to spot them.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17592

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 messier17

messier17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Okay... I was finally able to determine what the issue was... The i7 Processor was BAD.  I put an i5 that was lying around and it booted right up.

Thanks for listening...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users