Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mounting hard drive problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ali060

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Recently got a Mac and I've had to reformat all my hard drives from NTFS. After trying one I got an error message saying 'Mediakit reports not enough space'. So i went onto my old windows laptop and managed to reformat it to exFAT, but after doing that it now doesn't mount on my Mac and is also not recognized on my windows laptop anymore....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BSchwarz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

First off you didn't need to format your NTFS drives. OSX reads them fine and with a couple commands you'll be able to turn on writes.

It could be the GPT partition table is corrupt. You could try booting into recovery console, command+r after boot chimes, with the drive attached and format it there. If that doesn't work try diskutil in terminal to zero the drive and reformat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users