Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

helping upgrading my computer to meet some requirement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oniomni

oniomni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:39 AM

hello i have Hp p6-2205ep Pc, and i need to do some upgrade to meet these requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz 
  • Memory: 8 GB de RAM 
  • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 

and i dont know where to search or where to start  or what to buy thank you..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

I assume this is your PC's current configuration?

That PC is rather old and cannot be significantly upgraded.  The CPU uses an FM1 socket, which was replaced by FM2 in 2012, this means there are no current CPU's that will work with your motherboard. 

The 8GB of RAM is fairly simple, you need to buy DDR3-1333 and install it.  Note that your motherboard will only take up to 8GB and you need to have a 64-bit operating system to use it all.

The GTX 960 can also be installed, but you will also need to upgrade your PC's power supply to a minimum of 400W.

You cannot get anything equaling the i5 4690k on your current motherboard, replacing the motherboard is effectively like replacing the PC given how large of a change this is.  I suggest saving your money and either buying or building a new PC on a current platform, such as an Intel Skylake-based PC.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users