Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frankie

frankie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

Does this make any sense or is it just a coincidence.

On my home network with a Linksys WRT54G router,the wireless computer dis-connects when I try to link to a few websites.I then have to reboot the PC to establish my wireless connection again.When I do a right click on the status icon,it shows that the connection is fine and working good.

The wired computer does not do this and it has no site connection problems.

What do you think??? Is this possible???

Regards,
frankie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:21 PM

verify you are using service pack 2 on your xp machine and all your updates are done. uninstall the wireless driver and utility out of add/remove programs, then reboot, install the dirver only, not the utility. the WRT54G router works very well with the windows wireless utility that comes with sp2. if it is a desktop then you can make your IP static instead of dynamic, this helps you stay connected when sometimes you may lose a signal.
post back with your results
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users