Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software problem with printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomcatlover

tomcatlover

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

Upgraded to Win10 today, and everything went smoothly except my printer software. I can't get the dang thing to upgrade. I've gone back, uninstalled, reconnected, and tried to install from the hp photosmart 7350 installation disc. No deal. I've tried the HP driver site.........doesn't work from there either. 

The original drivers on the disc are for everything from win98 to Xp...........I upgraded the driver to Win 7 after I got my new pc a few years ago. 

I have tried to install this printer 3 times. The last time I did, it showed up in 'connected devices' instead of 'scanners and printers'. Still couldn't update the drivers to Win10.  

What am I doing wrong?

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS
Ipad 2, ver 7.0.4 13.2 GB capacity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Upgraded to Win10 today, and everything went smoothly except my printer software. I can't get the dang thing to upgrade. I've gone back, uninstalled, reconnected, and tried to install from the hp photosmart 7350 installation disc. No deal. I've tried the HP driver site.........doesn't work from there either. 

The original drivers on the disc are for everything from win98 to Xp...........I upgraded the driver to Win 7 after I got my new pc a few years ago. 

If you are running Win10, then it's probably a losing endeavor to use the HP disk with drivers that are only compatible with Win98 to WinXP.

If you have tried that, I would probably cleanly uninstall all of that (the HP drivers/software can be a rather large bundle, with all the bloatware).

I know you said you tried the HP Drivers and Downloads site.

It appears from this page HERE that there are no Win10-compatible drivers/software for that model?

But there is an applet which can check your system (see screen shot) -- perhaps try that?

Otherwise, it's possible that you'll have to upgrade to a newer printer with Win10-compatible drivers/software.

Hope this helps,

MM

Attached Files

#3 tomcatlover

tomcatlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, Moxie............I did that applet........no joy. I'm afraid I'm going to be looking for a new printer. 

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS
Ipad 2, ver 7.0.4 13.2 GB capacity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users