Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Masonw123

Masonw123

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

I am looking for a good money management program that will work on my new mac and i can use with Canadian banks 

thank  your your help

wade

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

You can try going to the App Store and searching for "money management" to see a lot of option there.  From there, you can read through their reviews to see if one might seem like a good option. And then check with the app's publisher's website to see if they work with your bank.

You can also do a Google search for reviews of any program that seems like it might work.

There is also a version of Quicken on the App Store (does not show up with those search parameters).  It seems to have pretty bad reviews.

If you have used Quicken for Windows previously, another option would be to run Windows in a VM program (such as Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or VirtualBox).  The downside of this option is you must buy a license for Windows and the VM program (except VirtualBox is free)...and, to be prudent, some Windows anti-virus program (if I recall correctly, Parallels includes one...never used it myself as I have a multi-seat license for another program that I use for Windows).

I used to be much more religious about entry such stuff into a program.  In the distant past, I religiously used MYM (aka Managing Your Money)...a long dead program.  This was in a time where being able to download information from your bank was not yet possible.  My point is that I am not really in a position to directly recommend something anymore.

I do have an older version of iBank (now called Banktivity that should show-up in the above App Store search), but never ended up using it that much.  I just do it the "old fashioned" way (i.e. a paper check register that I then reconcile using the bank website).

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Why not ask your bank(s) if there is any application they can recommend ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users