Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More Odd Files On My Computer?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:37 AM

Again last night searching around in C:\WINDOWS....2 batch files...tmpcpyis.bat and tmpdelis.bat....i searched tmpcpyis.bat and its supposed to delete temporarys or open temporarys or something...then i searched tmpdelis..virus apparently? Used jotti,norton,and NOD32 as well i ran all my scanners last night and showed up nothing. its supposofly this virus called bat_dmenu.a. Not To mention if it is a virus NOD32 would have picked it up as its in its virus definitons. its also supposed to be the Ameisco(i think thats how you spell it?) Keylogger and i doubt that quite highly..and last but not least W32.Alcarys.B which wasnt picked up..i waz getting tired of reading so many diffrent suggestions so i decided to look at its text which was
"@if exist C:\WINDOWS\tmpcpyis.bat del C:\WINDOWS\tmpcpyis.bat
@if exist C:\WINDOWS\winstart.bat C:\WINDOWS\winstart.bat"

i think all its doing is telling it on restart to delete tmpcpyis.bat and execute winstart...doesent look too malicious...i'll show you tmpcpyis's

"@rd C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_ISTMP13.DIR
@rd C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_ISTMP13.DIR
@rd C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_ISTMP13.DIR
@if exist C:\WINDOWS\winstart.bat del C:\WINDOWS\winstart.bat
@C:\WINDOWS\tmpdelis.bat"

thaat kinda looks malicious...is it saying: (tmpcpyis is first batch,tmpdelis second,and winstart is third) delete winstart.bat and execute tmpdelis.bat which will delete tmpcpyis.bat which is supposed to execute winstart.bat? but isnt it deleted? does it remake it? i have no clue but this looks malicious so id like your help please.

thanks

~moomoo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users