Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 - 64 update this am has caused google chrome and gmail to quit working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryCanuck

TerryCanuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Can't fine much on this but have tried many ways to fix. I have now gone to MS Edge in order to get internet to search for answers. Cannot open either Chrome or Gmail. Have gone to original folder and re- created new shortcuts, etc but still not working. If anyone has any ideas on this I would appreciated hearing from you!

Terry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Welcome,

If possible, I'd remove the update, shut down, take a coffee break, restart the computer and then try the update again.

I'm running W10x64 on this system and have chrome and gmail functioning as normal.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Sliverz

Sliverz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the reply. I ended up having to remove chrome entirely and reinstall. This worked but I'm still miffed why the update killed google chrome and gmail.

Terry

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

I've been told that not all programs integrate with he operating system in ways that can be carried forward to the new OS. [geek speak, smoke & mirrors, whatever] Imperfect programs running on imperfect machines operated by less than perfect people [or so I've also been told]

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users