Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dedicated Video card is not recognized. Help!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Loghick

Loghick

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

Suddenly my PC stopped recognizing the Dedicated video card after it woke up from sleep mode...

My PC specifications:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
System Manufacturer: ECS
       System Model: A740GM-M
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9600B Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
          Card name: ATI Radeon 2100 (Integrated)

The dedicated card : GIGABYTE GV-R575OC-1GI ( ATI RADEON SERIES HD 5750 )

Device manager doesn't show the dedicated card.

When pluged-in the video card's fan is wotking.

-----This is what I tried to do-----:
1. My video card is working on another PC
2. Another model (ATI HD 7750, manufacturer - ASUS) of dedicated video card also worked on my PC!!!
3. Updated BIOS.
4. Reinstalled windows.
5. Bought another Power Suply because the guys from service advised me.
6. Tried different BIOS configurations.

Waiting for your advices!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

I am not sure if this is your problem.

Your graphics card specs out has having a PCIe 2.0 interface. PCIe 2.0 from Wiki

Your motherboard manual, page 15 lists your PCIe X 16 slot as being version 1.1    PCIe 1.1 from Wiki

PCIe 2.0 motherboard slots are fully backward compatible with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are also generally backward compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboards, using the available bandwidth of PCI Express 1.1. Overall, graphic cards or motherboards designed for v2.0 will work with the other being v1.1 or v1.0a.

Your card should be compatible but perhaps there is some conflict between the card and this particular motherboard. Because it works in another computer and not this one make sure the card is fully seated. There may be some interference you overlooked however small.

Edit: Is it possible to switch power supplies with the computer the card works in?

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 January 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

there should be a setting in the BIOS to switch between the dedicated card and the integrated card, Im willing to bet thats most likely your problem, though its odd it recognized the 7750 and not the 5750. Out of curiousity, why not use the 7750, if it works? its a faster card. And who knows, maybe it is the PCI express difference, ive never had that be an issue before, but who knows. Out of curiousity, what power supply are you using, and what type of cable are you using to connect the computer to the monitor?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Loghick

Loghick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

JohnC_21

Don't forget that my video card was working, so it is compatible as well with motherboard. And I didn't try to switch power supplies.

Edited by Loghick, 04 March 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#5 Loghick

Loghick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

the_patriot11 It doesn't matter when switching between the dedicated card and the integrated card, it is just setting the priority, but of course i tried it also.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Try installing a different version of the driver (I know you reinstalled the driver when you reinstalled windows, but im guessing you used the latest driver?) sometimes a driver update will cause incompatibility issues, so find a earlier version that you know is working, and try that,

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users