Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SuperAntiSpyware & GoogleAdservices

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:20 AM

Have read much on this and must admit I am a bit unsure...I continually get hits (Googleadservices) on SuperAntySpyware scans. Read where it can sometimes be spyware, but not always. I get no unwanted addons or strange changes. Would very much appreciate any and all advice. I think sometimes Google should be avoided as much as possible,,,That might a uneducated statement....Thanks...Jim

Edited by hamluis, 29 January 2016 - 08:34 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Do the detections look like these?

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies ] www.googleadservices.com 
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\ELKBQFFO.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\GLHI3Z8W.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\FO7Y2HXG.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
If so, they are just cookies and typically othing to worry about. See my detailed explanation about cookies and links to resources in order to mitigate them.

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be other obvious indications (signs of infection and malware symptoms) that something is wrong.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

Do the detections look like these?

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies ] www.googleadservices.com 
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\ELKBQFFO.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\GLHI3Z8W.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\FO7Y2HXG.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
If so, they are just cookies and typically othing to worry about. See my detailed explanation about cookies and links to resources in order to mitigate them.

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be other obvious indications (signs of infection and malware symptoms) that something is wrong.

Somewhat..Here is copy of some of them

www.googleadservices.com [ C:\USERS\my name\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\S5K4HZPH.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    www.googleadservices.com [ C:\USERS\my name\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\S5K4HZPH.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

Substituted My Name for personal....Thanks...jim

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, those are cookies.  Several anti-whatever programs flag numerous cookies.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, those are cookies.  Several anti-whatever programs flag numerous cookies.

Thank to all...Jim

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,481 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware will scan for cookies by default. There is no need to scan for them since cookies pose no significant threat as I already noted and anti-malware scanners have more important things to look for. You can ignore scanning for cookies by changing the settings and disabling the option to "Search for cookies". Doing that will also decrease the amount of time it takes to perform a scan.

To disable "Search for cookies", launch SUPERAntiSpyware.
1. From the Main Menu or system tray icon, select System Tools & Program Settings.
2. Click Advanced Scan Settings.
3. Under Scanner Options, uncheck the box Scan Internet browser tracking cookies.
4. Click OK to save the settings.
5. Click Done to return to the Main Menu and then select Scan This Computer...

Note: Advanced Scan Settings can also be accessed by selecting Scan This Computer and clicking the link at the bottom of Scanner Options.

#7 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware will scan for cookies by default. There is no need to scan for them since cookies pose no significant threat as I already noted and anti-malware scanners have more important things to look for. You can ignore scanning for cookies by changing the settings and disabling the option to "Search for cookies". Doing that will also decrease the amount of time it takes to perform a scan.

1. From the Main Menu or system tray icon, select System Tools & Program Settings.
3. Under Scanner Options, uncheck the box Scan Internet browser tracking cookies.

Note: Advanced Scan Settings can also be accessed by selecting Scan This Computer and clicking the link at the bottom of Scanner Options.

Much appreciated...have followed your advice....Thank you...jim

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,481 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users