Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IOBit unplugged everything!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justmousee

justmousee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:02 AM

How do I plug it all back in?

Hi!

Every time I do a google search for, whatever I've done to Kill Rex (My Computer) this time; Bleeping Computer comes up.

I've never had to actually ask before because the answer is out there somewhere (Often here.)

This time I really think Rex isn't going to make it.

"I really messed up."

Early - Mid November, A friend (Who really did have good intentions.) told me he could improve the speed on my computer with a program he knew and trusted.

Well, Rex was already fast evough for me but, I decided to go with it. My son goes nuts any time he has to use it becouse because his computer is so much faster.

We were in the process of setting everything up when he got an urgent call and had to go.

He said something like, "Look, so long as you don't optomise anything before I get back; everything ought to be alright."Oops!

Everything ran really great unitl I had to restart my computer,

This little bubble came up on startup that said it could improve my speed if it made 3 changes.

I clicked on it to see what it was suggesting and I guess that was the only click I shouldn't  have made.

Every port that wasn't plugged in at that time (My printer even wasn't hooked up yet! We were in the process of moving) is unplugged and all my drives are unplugged evcept Program Disks.

At least I can eventually give up and change it out that way if I have to.

Thing is, I've even done 4 recoveries since then and still no luck. I don't think the Drives and Ports would work again even with a new program disk.

I should have said, "No thanks."  "My computer is fast enough for me now."

The programs he installed were IOBit Advanced System Care 9, IOBit Uninstaller and IOBit Smart Defrag.

"Why didn't I tell him Rex runs great with Malwarebytes,Mbar, Ccleaner, Adware Cleaner, Avast, popup blocker, adblock and Dr. Web.

Yesterday I was trying another, maybe this will work, lame idea and now I don't even have spellchecker.

Does anyone know how to plug my Ports and Drives back in so I can do one more recovery and then Rex will be running like new again?

I'm sure it's something simple. It usually is. 

Without even knowing it, you folks at Bleeping Computer have saved poor Rex's life so many times...

...is there any hope this time?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

Uninstall every IObit...or similar...program which you have installed.

Run the chkdsk /r command.  Start/Run...type chkdks /r, hit Enter.  Type Y in new screen, hit Enger.  Reboot, the command will execute before booting into XP.

Then...run the sfc /scannow command.  Start/Run...type sfc /scannow, hit Enter.

Louis

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

Can you access Safe Mode by tapping F8 at boot? I believe IOBit software will let you revert changes. Go to Safe Mode, Run the IOBit program. In the settings there is a section to revert changes. In Advanced System Care 9 it is called Rescue Center. Is this what you meant by doing a recovery?

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/advanced-systemcare/asc-general-discussions/5865-possible-yahoo-messenger-issue?amp;postcount=7

Edit: The above link is for an older version.

Here is the Rescue Center for v9. I would start by undoing Registry Changes.

rescueregistry.jpg

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 January 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

For future reference,these one click optomize programs are usualy a really bad way of speeding  up your sysyem,far better to do things manually on the computer

making restore points as you go.

At least this one has an udo button..try undoing the registry changes,should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users