Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Crashing Many Times/Hour

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 froggyluv

froggyluv

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

This is bad. So bad. Didnt plan on buying Win 10 but on a trip that was designed for me to go get a better mobo for me trusty old 2500k on win7 h67 board -well lets just say one thing led to another and came home with new chip 4690k, mobo asus z97e, 2nd ssd drive and them being sold out (should have rung a bell here) of Windows 7 -threw caution to wind and bought 10.

This thing is crashing non-stop! They all seem to be Nvidia Kernal errors and I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled the whole OS, tried many other little tricks without success and am now getting desperate here in my 52nd hour.

By the way, I don't have a dxDiag command -at all.

Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

Have you downloaded the most recent drivers from nVidia?

#3 froggyluv

froggyluv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

Yes, first I allowed Nvidia to detect and go the Auto route. After seeing the problem I then Uninstalled the driver and all accompanying files and manually downloaded and installed the latest one -same result. A quick Google on the subject of Nvidia Kernal crashes w/Win10 brought up a flurry of posts but little answers.

One thing I failed to mention is that I had my original SSD hooked up as well (after installing Win 10 that is) which still runs on WIn 7 -is it possible this effected registry?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

Try removing the video card and cleaning the slot out.

Carefully insert the card and make sure that all connections are firmly seated.

If BSOD's continue, try another video card.

Beyond that, start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 froggyluv

froggyluv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Thanks usasma -the problem seems to be that the top video card slot is faulty. Everything is brand new but once I switched the card to the second slot, all problems went away. Recently tried the 1st one again thinking maybe I didnt secure it enough but now it failed to recognize the card at all so, back to 2nd. Besides that now everything works very well though I probably should rma the board im just not sure I want to go thru another build/reinstall again as that took up 3 days :)

Thanks for the links and the offer, ill be sure to bookmark that page as well

~greg

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for letting us know!

If you can RMA it, go ahead.  While it may only be the slot that is bad, there's no way of telling if there's any other problems.

It's safer to RMA if you're able.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users