Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows not loading after blue screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KnockAr0und

KnockAr0und

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

Yesterday as I was playing a video game I had a blue screen for the first time in my computer use (Windows 10). It's pretty new, I've had it for about 3 months, custom built by myself.

At first the screen said 'collecting some error info and restarting', but when it restarted nothing happened (no boot). The following day, the PC booted normally, but after a couple of minutes of use, I got the blue screen again. This time I didn't get a login screen. Instead, it asked me to put the windows disc to fix the system file causing the error.

I had to run to work so I just shut down the PC. When I returned home, windows would not even load. While the PC was working, the screen was black and not displaying anything, not even the cursor.  PC tower LED is on but the keyboard and mouse are off.

Seems like it's a hardware issue, but I have no clue which part causes the problem. I tried removing the graphics card and connecting the HDMI directly to the motherboard but it didn't work. I JUST received a brand new WD Black, and I connected it instead of the SSD and still didn't work.

Is there a way to check whether it is indeed a physical issue, and which component is the root cause? 

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KnockAr0und

KnockAr0und
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

Status update: I powered on the PC, and this time windows booted. After a couple of minutes, I got the blue screen again. Here's the error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.sys)

Please tell me it isn't the SSD

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

I think I answered this elsewhere as it looks familiar to me.

Yes, it definitely could be the hard drive - especially since Windows asked for the Windows DVD at one point.

Also - ntfs.sys - NTFS File System.

Check for SSD firmware upgrade.

Check cable connections.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users