Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited connectivity/network adapter malfunctions, win10 verizon dsl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djkea

djkea

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

I am suddenly experiencing network adapter problems after a couple months of relatively stable network.  Oh boy here we go again.  I don't know what to do.  I have tried all of the usual resetting/updating drivers/malware and virus scans etc.  Please help.  Wireless connection will work ok for a while and then it loses all the networks.  Windows network troubleshooting has reported a problem with network adapter which it resets.  Problem is fixed for a time and then recurrs.  Troubleshooting at other times is reporting that the adapter is functioning correctly however it can not find any networks in range. When this error report is shown it offers "Root Cause Guid:{745sf6e5-11bc-4b8b-877b-8bc9eee51dbf} and RepairGuid: {07d37f7b-fa5e-4443-bda7-ab107b29afb9}.  I have no clue what the Guid messages pertain to.  Any help will be most appreciated.

Edited by djkea, 28 January 2016 - 07:09 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

I have a fix for Windows 10, but you didn't say if that's what you're using, so please give more details.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 djkea

djkea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the reply and yes it is on a machine using windows 10. I believe the wireless settings on the machine do not match those on my router.

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

There's a new setting deep in the Power Options applet of the Control Panel that can cause this.  Once in the Power Options applet, click Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Wireless Adapter Settings -> Power Saving Mode.  Change the settings there to "Maximum Performance".  

If you want my opinion, somebody at MS was really stupid to make this the new default in 10, but that's what they did.  I can't believe it saved enough power to amount to anything significant, and it causes folks to go crazy trying to figure it out, me included.  And it's burried so deep in the weeds, it takes a lot of digging to find it.  

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users