Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello possible malware problem??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 derak

derak

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

hey i already tried to reinstall windows but it doesent seem to work my pc is slow still and i tryed to reset my windows still doesent help i dont know what problem its ??? help

there are those requested logs attached

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

Hi derak :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me a few hours to review your logs, and prepare my reply.

Thank you!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 derak

derak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Ok

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hi derak :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your malware issue. Since we'll be working together, you can call me Aura or Yoan, which is my real name, it's up to you! Now that we've broke the ice, I'll just ask you a few things during the time we'll be working together to clean your system and get it back to an operational state.
  • As you'll notice, the logs we are asking for here are quite lenghty, so it's normal for me to not reply exactly after you post them. This is because I need some time to analyse them and then act accordingly. However, I'll always reply within 24 hours, 48 hours at most if something unexpected happens;
  • As long as I'm assisting you on BleepingComputer, in this thread, I'll ask you to not seek assistance anywhere else for any issue related to the system we are working on. If you have an issue, question, etc. about your computer, please ask it in this thread and I'll assist you;
  • The same principle applies to any modifications you make to your system, I would like you to ask me before you do any manipulations that aren't in the instructions I posted. This is to ensure that we are operating in sync and I know exactly what's happening on your system;
  • If you aren't sure about an instruction I'm giving you, ask me about it. This is to ensure that the clean-up process goes without any issue. I'll answer you and even give you more precise instructions/explanations if you need. There's no shame in asking questions here, better be safe than sorry!;
  • If you don't reply to your thread within 3 days, I'll bump this thread to let you know that I'm waiting for you. If you don't reply after 5 days, it'll be closed. If you return after that period, you can send me a PM to get it unlocked and we'll continue where we left off;
  • Since malware can work quickly, we want to get rid of them as fast as we can, before they make unknown changes to the system. This being said, I would appreciate if you could reply to this thread within 24 hours of me posting. This way, we'll have a good clean-up rhythm and the chances of complications will be reduced;
  • I'm against any form of pirated, illegal and counterfeit software and material. So if you have any installed on your system, I'll ask you to uninstall them right now. You don't have to tell me if you indeed had some or not, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Plus, this would be against BleepingComputer's rules;
  • Finally, in the end, you are the one asking for assistance here. So if you wish to go a different way during the clean-up, like format and reinstall Windows, you are free to do so. I would appreciate you to let me know about it first, and if you need, I can also assist you in the process;
  • Since I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be reviewed by an instructor prior to be posted to make sure that you receive the best assistance possible. Sorry for the inconvenience;
This being said, it's time to clean-up some malware, so let's get started, shall we? :)

hey i already tried to reinstall windows

What does "reinstall" mean here? Did you do a Reset, Refresh, Restore or did you clean install Windows 10 on your computer? If you don't know any of these terms, you can look up the links below for more information on each of them.

Reset - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html
Refresh - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html
Restore - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html
Clean Install - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong in your logs. To me it looks like you just freshly installed (using whichever method mentionned above) Windows 10 TH2 and installed a few basic programs. There's no sign of malware, nor of anything else that looks strange and/or suspicious. Is it possible for you to give me more details on your issue? You say that the system is slow, right?

What exactly is slow? Is it during the startup, when you open programs, when you use one specific program, when you browse the web only, when you try to download files, etc.? Right now, I don't know what "slow" means to you so I cannot really tell what is wrong with your system, that is, if anything is wrong. Even your RAM usage is at 10%, which is pretty low, normal I would say.

Don't be scared to give me details, and/or tell me what made you reinstall Windows. The more information I have, the better I can understand your issue and also the more accurate my diagnostic will be :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 derak

derak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

Yes i did a clean install of windows 10 boot up is very slow and web browser is slow i use microsoft edge should i use other browser ?? or is it good? i guess the reinstall would have helped me but it didnt help me so i really dont know what is the problem

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

boot up is very slow

Concerning this issue, I would like to know what you are currently running as hardware, so it would be nice if I could have a Speccy snapshot of your computer. Also, may I ask how old is that computer?

HpLn1DX.pngSpeccy - Publish a snapshot
Follow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:
  • Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);
    Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;
  • Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;
  • After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;
  • A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;
  • A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

web browser is slow

As for your web browsing speed issue, go on SpeedTest.net, and run the test. Once done, click on the Share this result button, and copy/paste the link under the Web tab in your next reply so I can see it. This is mine for exemple.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5043705220

i use microsoft edge should i use other browser ?? or is it good?

This is down to your personal opinion and liking. Microsoft Edge is good, but personally I use Google Chrome and I've been using it for years as my main web browser. When something doesn't work in Google Chrome, I use Microsoft Edge (when I'm on Windows 10), otherwise I use Internet Explorer (when I'm on another version of Windows).

Your next reply should include:
  • URL to your Speccy snapshot;
  • Answer to my question about your computer's age;
  • URL to your SpeedTest test results;

unite_blue.png

#7 derak

derak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VOrprDwpds0QeZFG8f5DARu

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5043820978

this pc is like 4 years old

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

How long would you say it takes your computer to startup normally? Let's say the time that pass by between the moment you press on the power button, and the moment you are able to open Microsoft Edge and start browsing the web? Also, what you can try here is a clean boot, then restart your computer and see how long it takes for it to startup. Let me know if there's any improvement when under a clean boot.

Clean boot: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

As for your web browsing issue, how long does Microsoft Edge takes to load a webpage? Let's say this thread, or the BleepingComputer forums? Can you try to install Google Chrome 64-bit, then see if the pages load faster with it? To download Google Chrome 64-bit, go to the link below, and click on Download Chrome for another platform, then select Windows 10/8/7 64-bit.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Your next reply should include:
  • Answer to my questions about your computer startup time (and the results of the clean boot test);
  • Answer to my questions about your web browsing speed (and if using Google Chrome to browse the web is faster);

unite_blue.png

#9 derak

derak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Ok so i did clean boot and i installed google chrome i dont see difference on startup time with clean boot its same startup time and browsing speed is like same i dont see the difference with Microsoft edge and google chrome.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

How much time does it takes for your computer to startup?
How long does it takes for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome to load a normal website, like Google Chrome?

If you boot in Safe Mode with Networking, is your web browsing speed better?

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-safe-mode-start-windows-10-a.html

unite_blue.png

#11 derak

derak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Ok so the bootup was like over 1 min what is pretty slow on my opinion and it takes about 5-30 seconds to load website what is pretty slow too and i tested safe mode on my browser and it was much faster in safe mode

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:35 PM

Judging by the hard drive you have, a boot time of a minute or so sounds about right to me. Also, if your web browsing speed is faster in Safe Mode with Networking, and not under a clean boot it means that there's a third-party interference, but not related to malware. I don't see any sign of malware on your system, and I doubt there's any following the clean installation you did. Therefore, you should request assistance about this issue in the Windows 10 Support section instead.

Tips, tricks, advices and recommendations

Now that your system is clean, it's time to give you some tips, tricks, advices and recommendations on how to protect your system and prevents you from being infected in the future. Every program recommended below is free to use and therefore you don't have to pay for anything. You are free to follow these recommendations or to ignore them, however for the safety of your system, I strongly suggest you to read all my recommendations and to install the software/program that I recommend below. If you have any questions about one of the points covered in that speech below, feel free to ask me your questions here directly so I can answer them and guide you.

Turning On Automatic Windows Updates

Keeping Windows up to date is one of the first step in having a secure and safe system. The Security Updates that Windows receives are meant to fix exploits and flaws in it that makes it more secure and not exploitable by hackers. In order to do that, you should always install the Security Updates, known as "Important Updates" on your Windows system. These updates are released on the second Tuesday of every month, but some are also released before if they are emergency/critical Security Updates. Let's make sure that you have all your Important Updates and Recommended Updates installed and that your Windows Updates are set to be installed automatically.

Check if there's any Important Updates available
  • Click on your Windows Start Menu then on Control Panel;
  • Click on System and Security then on Windows Update;
  • In the left pane, click on "Check for updates" and wait for the scan to complete;
  • If any Important Updates are available, click on "X Important Updates are available", make sure that they are all checked and click on "Install updates" (Please follow the same steps for the "Recommended Updates" if any are found);
  • Depending on how many updates you have to install and how big they are, that process can take a while. You'll most likely be asked to restart your computer once they are all installed to finish the installation, please do so;
To turn On Automatic Windows Updates
  • Click on your Windows Start Menu then on Control Panel;
  • Click on System and Security then on Windows Update;
  • In the left pane, click on "Change settings";
  • Now you have the choice to select between
    • Install updates automatically (recommended);
    • Download updates but let me choose whether to install them;
    • Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them;
  • The best choice in this situation is to pick the first option, "Install updates automatically (recommended)". This will automatically download and install Windows Updates whenever there's new ones without you having to do it manually. When these Windows Updates are installed, if they require a restart, a pop-up box will pop out in the bottom right-corner of your screen telling you to restart your computer now or it will be automatically restarted soon. You can however postpone that restart if you're already working on something else;
  • Make sure to check the "Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates" option so Windows Updates will install the Recommended Updates at the same time as your Important Updates;
Other recommendations

Even if you follow every recommendation that I listed here, in the end, it's also your job to be careful when browsing the web and downloading files if you don't want to get infected. Therefore, if you use your brain (common sense) when browsing the web, downloading programs and files, etc., you have far less chances to get infected by a malware. If for example you're not sure if a website is legitimate or not, or if a file is safe to download and execute, or if a program looks "too good" to be free, I suggest you to avoid going to that website, downloading that file or using that program.

Here's a few guides, tutorials, articles, etc. that you could read in order to learn more about computer protection and security to improve your current computer protection setup but also improve your good web browsing and computer usage practices :The End!

And that's it! Now that you know more about how to protect your computer and secure it, you're good to go back to your online activities, but in a safe and secure way! You are also free to stay on BleepingComputer and ask for help in different topics if you ever need to. Just make sure that you post your question/issue in the right section to get the best assistance possible. And if you ever get infected again (which I hope you wont!), you can always comeback in this section to get another checkup with one of our trained malware removal member.

Do you have any questions before I close this thread? :)

unite_blue.png

#13 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:50 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users