Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comtrend Modem AR-5220U default username and password needed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 seminolemartin

seminolemartin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know the username and default password for this modem, Comtrend Modem AR-5220U. I have looked but can not find anything for this particular modem. I have also tried most commom uses.  Thank you for your help 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

Try the following

User Name is blank

Password is admin

If the above does not work then contact Comtrend.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 January 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#3 seminolemartin

seminolemartin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

Try the following

User Name is blank

Password is admin

If the above does not work then contact Comtrend.

Did not work, but thank you for your time.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

I could not find the manual for the modem. The support site for downloads requires a person to register . It may have a pdf manual.

Does admin and admin for user name and password work? The modem was reset, correct?

#5 seminolemartin

seminolemartin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

admin/admin does not work. As for the modem being reset, If I do that then I have to call tech support to reenter all infomation to reconnect to the internet.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

I would call or email Comtrend. As I previously posted there may be a manual download in the support section.

Is there a user name and password shown on a sticker on the bottom of the modem? It depends on the ISP. Your ISP may have the username and password if not available form Comtrend.

Good Luck. 

#7 seminolemartin

seminolemartin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

There is no sticker on the modem and I have emailed Comtrend.  As for the ISP i haven't asked them yet. They ususally dont change those passwords. It also kind of odd that there seems to be little to no info on the net about this modem, strange.  Again thank you for your help.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Your Welcome,

When I went to a Comtrend support page they showed a list of modems. It said if the modem is not on the list to login and if not there then the ISP should be contacted.

Comtrend offers free documentation and software downloads for a select group of products. If you are a direct customer, please contact our regional sales representative to request a free download. If you are an end user, we regret to inform you that we cannot fulfill your download requests due to contract restrictions and security concerns. We suggest you contact your service provider or product supplier for further assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users