Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2-in-1 Laptop Touchscreen Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 liv11647

liv11647

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hi, so I have a Dell Inspiron i3147 (11.6 inch) 2-in-1 running windows 10. For the past few months, the touch screen freaks out at random times. In the upper left corner, it looks as if someone is tapping the screen repeatedly, and with several fingers, making the entire computer unusable, since the cursor is constantly getting redirected to the corner. Usually, when I restart the computer, the issue goes away, however, lately (past week or so), I have to restart four or five times before it finally works.Around the same time, it started running unbearably slow. Now, I'm not sure if this is an infection issue, or a hardware issue, so please feel free to correct me if it seems this topic is in the wrong thread. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 niftygeek

niftygeek

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

This can be as bad as a failing board or as easy as a bit of oil/grease in the wrong spot - but very unlikely it is an infection.  Do a thorough cleaning with an alcohol pad designed for monitors first to get any grime that may have built up -- then consider taking it to a repair shop for a (hopefully) free diagnostic if the machine is not under warranty.

#3 liv11647

liv11647
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

Thank you! I'll try that...I'm hoping that it's only a bit of grime on the screen...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users