Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp pro sp3 rpcss slow to start on boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KB1240

KB1240

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

When the system boots everything is fine until it gets to "rpcss starting" .It hangs there for 2-3 minutes and then finishes normally.The system is fine except for that and it happened suddenly.Does anyone have any ideas on this???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 harukinakagawa

harukinakagawa

Authorized FixMeStick Representative

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hello!

Have you tried doing a System File Check to see if the file is corrupted? You can do that by following these instructions:

https://www.fixmestick.com/blog/the-fixmetip-how-to-check-your-windows-system-files/

Best,
Haruki

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 January 2016 - 03:08 PM.
edited to remove reference to a commercial product

#3 KB1240

KB1240
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

I am not sure how this information applies to xp pro but thanks anyway and using the SFC was one of the first things i tried.I really need a solution to this problem.Anyone please??? :idea:

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

Might  help

If you Google "rpcss slow to start" there are several hits. I've spotted two things that others have done to fix this:

1. If the time is incorrect then your BIOS battery might require replacing (usually coin sized CR2032).

2. Error in Device Manager which required an updated USB hub driver to be installed.

So let us know if the time is correct and if any errors show in Device Manager.

If the problem was recent then consider System Restore (in Windows) to a date just before the problem came along - it will keep your own stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603616/xp-pro-sp3-rpcss-slow-to-start-on-boot/

Some posts indicate that running Advanced System Care Ultimate" by IObit can cause this proplem on XP,if your running it it needs to be removed or delayed in startup.

#5 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Thought just came to me (happens sometimes) :-)  What about giving "Last known good configuration" in the boot options a go just to see if that fixes it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users