I’ve bought a new graphic card for my PC the other day which just wont work.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500, 2,93 Ghz
PC: HP Compaq DC7900 CMT
VGA: Intel Express Chipset 43/45Q
4 Gb RAM
360 GB HDD.
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GT630
PCI-E x 16
Error: When I place the graphic card into the slot and turn on the PC, the LED blinks red, and the PC starts beeping (1 long, pause, 6 short). No image displayed on the monitor. If I leave it turned on and it repeats the beeping cycle 3 times, then the cooler starts to Hyperventilate. I turn it off at this point, because I’m affraid it my overheat.
What I have tried up until now:
- turned off the VGA in BIOS and set it on PCI.
- reset the CMOS
- deleted the VGA driver from my PC
- tested the graphic card in another PC (PSU 300W) and it works.
- tried placing it in the PCI-E x16 and the x4 slot as well.
- checked compatibility, it should be compatible.
The PC is also new (6 months old).