Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Email

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bob h

bob h

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

I can receive email but cannot send. I had to re-install all of the CDs that came with this Dell. I am using hot mail, trying to attach resume, references, cover letter, etc, but even simple email to my kids will not go out. I don't know where to start. Can you please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

A few questions for you:

Exactly what happens when you try to attach something?

Do you receive any error messages? If so, what do they say exactly?

Did this work before?

What sort of protection have you installed on this computer, such as antivirus software or antispyware software?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

Try setting Hotmail's session expiration for a longer period of time.

Click on "options" on the Hotmail page to do that.

Do you have a free MSN Hotmail account, or a paid subscription account?

#4 bob h

bob h
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

The Live Beta mail system may not be the working part here. I know everything was fine until I tried to delete a company system installed from Pennsylvania to Colorado so that I could write sales orders from my workstation. After leaving that company I found that I could not attach files to emails without ending up in their system. I crashed when I was reloading programs, rewriting them on top when I thought they would repair whatever was wrong with my XP programs. I had no outgoing email system last night. Nothing was working. I clicked the Beta help button several times and now it seems that they have me back working. I don't know what happened. Thanks for responding. I have Trend Anti Virus and Pc Cillin. It is a free MSN hot nail account through a lyncsys and cable modem. There were no warnings until last night, something about post office couldn't deliver or failure to deliver. I may have to re-email dozens of resumes. Thankyou Bleeping guys and gals. I really am trying to learn.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

The problem was probably with the Hotmail server itself - it is common for them.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:35 AM

If you have problems with the Live Beta - try logging into Hotmail through the normal web interface and see if it works there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users