Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Use Submit Forms

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 findus

findus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

Hi peeps,

Hope you can help me with this, it's been driving me NUTS for months. :thumbsup:

It's often the case that, when browsing and entering some data into text-boxes, drop-down lists, check-boxes, etc, I cannot successfully submit the page once I've entered my data (after a minute or so the browser shows the usual 'Connection was reset' page).

Also, there are times when I post to forums that I cannot successfully post more than a certain amount of text (several paragraphs?). On other forums I cannot even start a new topic.

I've noticed that this seems to happen (though no exclusively) with PHP-based sites. This happens in both IE and Firefox.

I'm using Avast Anti-virus, if that's related. My room-mate uses the same wireless connection and has no problems.

HELP! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

sounds to me kinda like active x or if the site uses java, maybe jave related issues, try ripping java outta add/remove programs, then go to www.java.com to dl and install the latest software.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 findus

findus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:42 AM

sounds to me kinda like active x or if the site uses java, maybe jave related issues, try ripping java outta add/remove programs, then go to www.java.com to dl and install the latest software.

Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup: I've tried that, but it doesn't work :flowers: Any other ideas???

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,095 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:16 PM

Do you use a firewall? If so which one and have you checked your firewall settings for the websites in question? My firewall has privacy settings which can block all mobile code.

Have you checked your cookie settings for the websites in question both in your browser and any firewall you might be using? Sometimes you need to accept cookies in order to send forms. I only accept them for session - even the persistent cookies, which isn't possible in IE by the way.

Also, concerning the connection reset: is this happening when you try to send the info. or when you are filling out the page? If the latter, has the page finished loading before you begin to type? I would strongly suggest waiting until the page has finished loading before beginning to type just in case you have to start loading the page again.

Because I am on dial-up, sometimes what I do, is wait for the page to finish loading, disconnect from the internet, fill out the form off-line, reconnect to the internet, clear cookies and cache, open a new tab, log back in to the site if necessary then go back to the first tab to submit the information. I've even done that when working on this site.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 July 2006 - 09:18 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users