I would to get a career in being a server admin or a network security guy.
1. How do I go about building my own lab at home and learning this stuff?
2. Is this h/w any good any more?
- Dell PowerEdge 2800
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard with 5 CALs, Windows Certificate of Authenticity (COA), and install CDs!
- 2 x Xeon 2.8 GHz CPUs, FSB 800 MHz, L2 2MB
- 2GB of RAM (expandable to 16GB, 4 open slots)
- Quantum DLT VS160 tape drive <-- going for $150 on eBay by itself!
- 5 x 80/160 GB backup tapes with cleaning cartridge
- Dell Remote Access Card!
- 5 x146GB SCSI hard drives in RAID5 (700GB usable, one HD is 300GB)
- 2 x 73GB SCSI hard drives in RAID1
- Dell PERC 4e/Di RAID card
- Adaptec SCSI/RAID card
- 2 x gigabit network cards
- 2 x power supplies (hot swappable)
- DVD/CD-R Combo Drive
- Front bezels/keys for tower and rack mount configurations
- Dell Rapid-rails for server rack
- Dell cable management arm
- Server "feet" for use in tower configuration
This server was recently removed from a working env
- Dell PowerEdge 2850
- Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz CPUs (800MHz, L2 2MB)
- 2GB of RAM (can be upgraded to 16GB)
- 2 x 146GB SCSI hard drives in RAID1 (146GB usable)
- Dell RAID card
- DVD/CDRW combo drive
- Dual gigabit network cards
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies