Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Audio Books

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starrgirl

starrgirl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

Hello - I am losing hope after spending countless hours trying to put audio books from net library onto my Creative Zen Vision M. I bought this player mostly for the books and have yet to get one to work! I can download the books to my computer, but when I try to open one or transfer it to the player, I get a message from net library that the license for the book was already issued to another computer. I know that if a program besides Windows Media Player tries to open the book, then it is rendered useless as WMP is the player of choice by net library. I have made it my default player, and it is the one trying to open the file, but no luck.

I have uninstalled the other players, but AOL insists on loading Real Player. Net library told me to update it to version 10, which is compatible, but it gets the same message. So does the Creative software if it tries to open it or transfer it.

I have checked and re-checked all my settings - added net library's addresses to allowed sites, uninstalled google toolbar, allowed popups, added port 80, which net library uses, and everything else I can think of. Net library told me to start the computer in safe-with-networking mode and try it, but I cannot get onto the internet in safe mode to download a book to try. AOL does not detect the modem in safe mode.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I'd sure appreciate any suggestions so I can quit banging my head on the desk here...

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starrgirl

starrgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

back again and see that I have no takers. I was afraid of that. Anyway, the best I can determine, the license that is downloaded with the book is getting stuck somewhere. Just how does a download work? Does it go into a temporary file and then get saved onto the computer? Is the license getting stuck in the temp file - could that be possible? When I do a download, I see that it downloads, then transfers to the location I chose for saving. Is the license not going with the saved file??

Help??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users