Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry/hard drive logger program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

Is there a program that logs every registry entry and hard drive files when a new program is installed. I need a program that shows every instance of an install. I have UNINSTALLER on my computer, which indicates it will do this...but it seems to miss files from programs. Is there a way to log every, single entry??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

Revo Uninstaller Pro have that feature.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Basically, you want a program with an output like the one Metallica uses in his Malware Removal articles on Malwarebytes?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/177872-removal-instructions-for-splendor-search/#entry1015081

Someone told me the name of that utility once, but I forgot it. I'll ask in the IRC tonight, if no one replied here by then.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

There was InCtrl5 for Windows XP. I've used it a couple of times. Pretty simple. It's old, but it still works. More recently, they released InCtrl X.

Or, there's RegFromApp, from Nirsoft.

And, Attack Surface Analyzer.

Edited by Phantom010, 27 January 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#4 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Great ides....thanks for giving me a start on this...

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:28 PM

Here's an article that contains 8 of them (InCtrl5 is featured in it, so 7 in reality) if it can give you more ideas.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/tracking-registry-and-files-changes-when-installing-software-in-windows/

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

Great...thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

No problem, you're welcome!

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users