Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remember folder selections

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JustCallBen

JustCallBen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

I rebuilt my Win8 machine (after stupidly "upgrading" to Win8.1 and suffering massive BSsOD) and now one of my favorite apps, Vuze, will not "remember" folder selections. 

Previously I could choose a folder that I wanted to move a file to and the next time I requested to move a file, that same folder would be selected.  It no longer does that and instead chooses the default User folder every time requiring me to drill through the tree to the folder I want.  This may be a setting in Vuze but I don't think that to be true.  I had another app that exhibited the same behavior but it is rarely used and, of course, I don't remember which app it was.

Suggestions?  And don't tell me to stop using Vuze; that's nunya.

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2016 - 02:03 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

And don't tell me to stop using Vuze; that's nunya.

Reading your last sentence I'm guessing that you have already been warned of the dangers associated with using peer to peer (P2P0 applications.  If this is not the case you may benefit from reading this article.

The following is an excerpt from this article.

When you use P2P applications, it is difficult, if not impossible, to verify that the source of the files is trustworthy. These applications are often used by attackers to transmit malicious code. Attackers may incorporate spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, or worms into the files.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JustCallBen

JustCallBen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:13 AM

bump

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

Edit:

Your attitude has convinced me that helping you would be a waste of time.  You will continue to download p2p files after someone here has donated their time to help clean your computer of its infection/s.  Then you will find yourself infected again and continue this cycle.  There are websites like Malwarebytes Forum that will require you to either uninstall any p2p software or at least disable it while one of there members helps you with your infection.

What is really disconcerting is that not only will you continue to make the downloads and become infected you will share files of your own and infect others who download your files.  

Edited by dc3, 15 February 2016 - 11:21 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

I don't see how you could tell people "that's none of your business" and still expect to get help from them.

#6 JustCallBen

JustCallBen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

I don't see how you could tell people "that's none of your business" and still expect to get help from them.

Because the whole point of the solution is to solve the issue that is apparent IN VUZE!  Plus, this board tends to be anti-P2P anywho.

#7 JustCallBen

JustCallBen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

Edit:

Your attitude has convinced me that helping you would be a waste of time.  You will continue to download p2p files after someone here has donated their time to help clean your computer of its infection/s.  Then you will find yourself infected again and continue this cycle.  There are websites like Malwarebytes Forum that will require you to either uninstall any p2p software or at least disable it while one of there members helps you with your infection.

What is really disconcerting is that not only will you continue to make the downloads and become infected you will share files of your own and infect others who download your files.  

Ah, yes.  I remember my cousin telling me about you.  You are the guy that berated him for owning an MSI computer, telling you so, and you argued with him about it and then insulted him.  I, too, own an MSI machine and it's one of the best machines I've ever had.

I'm so done with this site.  You sit there and spew this pompous and pious attitude without regard to common decency.  I went through all of your steps, responded promptly and courteously and then you dismiss me as so much vermin because you don't believe that anyone can be as intelligent as you.  Further I have gotten fine support from MBAM while my P2P software was not only installed but also active on my VPN.  You are narrow-minded and ill-mannered and I am glad to be rid of you.

See you never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users