Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek ethernet controller/driver in deep sleep mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neft

Neft

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

i have an alienware x51 and it is using a dell wireless 1505, now while it does connect to wifi which is awesome its connection simply isn't strong enough for gaming and tends to give out, i stream as well on a different computer but if you guys could help me fix this one i could greatly improve my stream.

basically meaning my wifi caps out at 3mb/s where as with ethernet i get around 15mb/s-30mb/s and higher

but anyways, i thought the driver wasnt there because i can't see it in device manager and from device manager it wont let me scan for plug and play devices either the option for it simply isn't there, i read a lot of stuff around the web saying to take your ram out for 10 minutes, to flip some switch near /on your power supply that supplys power for it to turn on.

any clarification or a guaranteed fix would be nice :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

What OS are you using? The wireless adapter should show up under Network Adapters in Device Manager. According to the Alien support site the driver listed is for Windows 10 and is an intel.

How many devices are listed under Network Adapters?

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 January 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#3 Neft

Neft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

What OS are you using? The wireless adapter should show up under Network Adapters in Device Manager. According to the Alien support site the driver listed is for Windows 10 and is an intel.

How many devices are listed under Network Adapters?

i am using windows 7

under network adapters when i tell it to show hidden as well, ill just send a picture :)

the issue isn't the wifi though, its the lan connection, it worked last year or so and i stopped using this computer for a bit because of it and switched to my laptop, and now i got it going through wifi, but i cant fix the lan connection for the life of me

70ygcj.png

Edited by Neft, 27 January 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

#5 Neft

Neft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

no

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

In UEFI/BIOS is there a setting that enables/disables LAN? If not try installing this drive. It may say it could not find the hardware. If that is the case then it's possible the LAN chip has failed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users