Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes purchase

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

I went to but Malwarebytes Pro this morning.  Is this their real page?

How am I supposed to tell what box to put my name in or e-mail addy or anything else for that matter.

There is also a clause where they say they will automatically deduct my renawal payments for each year.

I never noticed that before.  I did uncheck it but did not complete the transaction.

I just noticed there is no attachment option. I will upload to imgur and repost.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

Malwarebytes official website is: http://malwarebytes.org/

As long as you are on that website to buy a Malwarebytes product, you'll be fine.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

here is the page now how do I tell where to put what in that form if you please?  Page is from that address or rather the next page involved in the purchase.

">http://5tyjfMJ.jpg

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

My guess it that your NoScript add-on is interfering with the webpage. Disable NoScript on the whole website (it's Malwarebytes.org so it's safe), then press on Ctrl + F5 to hard refresh the page and see if the form appears correctly after.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Assertively-set anti-malware/anti-virus/privacy program[s] can also interfere with browser OPs.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Just so you're not taken by surprise....Malwarebytes Anti-Malware payment, ID's and Keys are managed by CleverbridgeCleverbridge Customer Service for U.S. support can be contacted by telephone (1-866-522-6855) or email (cs@cleverbridge.com). Support for UK, Germany and Japan is also available.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Aura is right.

@dannyboy950,

Your NoScript settings are blocking certain domains on that page, that is why you can't see the names of the fields.  In order to see the names...

1.  Point at the NoScript icon in the toolbar.  A dropdown menu will appear.

2.  You will see that NoScript has blocked malwarebytes.org, optimizely.com and cleverbridge.com.

3.  Click on the option to either Allow or Temporarily allow each domain.  The former option adds the domain to your NoScipt whitelist so that the domain is always allowed, and the latter option temporarily allows the domain until you end the browser session.

TwFZ79x.png

I should also mention that NoScript is for advanced users who have the knowledge and experience to determine which scripts are, not only safe, but essential for the proper functioning of a given site.  In the hands of the inexperienced, NoScript be hindrance rather than a boon and that is why I don't recommend it to any and everyone.  It is the same reason you had an issue with finding bleepstatic.com entry in this thread.

Also, it's Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and not Malwarebytes Pro.

#8 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Thank yall all it was no script causeing the issue.  How about next time we risk you guys es $50.00 LOL [jokeing]

Just for reference it was Pro for many years before it became premium.  Or at least that is what I remember.  Memory is getting a little foggy at times.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Thank yall all it was no script causeing the issue.

Personally, I would disable NoScript or allow it on websites I know are safe, like BleepingComputer, Malwarebytes, Sysnative, etc. Most of the time, extensions like these will cause issues with the site and leave you clueless as to what are causing them. This is why I whitelist websites I trust in Ghostery and uBlock Origin.

unite_blue.png

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Personally I have never found the need to use NoScript. Like Aura I use Ghostery and uBlock Origin.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#11 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

I have to agree no script has become a pain, but I was useing it before I ever heard of ghostery or uBlock Origion. Bad habit I guess.

Turns out the joke was on me, when I try to register/activate the anti-exploit the little screen quits responding. And yes I have allowed Malwarebytes in no script.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Personally, I would probably use NoScript if I was using Mozilla Firefox, but I would do the same as what I'm doing right now with uBlock Origin and Ghostery.

Anyway, since you managed to place your order, I guess the issue here is solved :)

unite_blue.png

#13 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

Not really solved untill I get it registered/activated other wise I spent 24.95 for nothing.  At the end of 14 days the trial will expire, instead of the 12 months I have just paid for.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

The issue here is that you weren't able to fill the information needed to order a product key for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware online, we solved that.

If you have an issue registering and/or activating the issue, that's different. Also, you can be sure that you'll never waste money when it comes to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, a bit like with Emsisoft products :)

unite_blue.png

#15 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

Solved my registration/activation problem was my own doing, transposed a number/letter.

Now how to uninstall no script.  I would like to try ghostery and uBlock Origion. I do not think I should have them all on at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users